I have written a bunch of AMAZING blog posts in the last week… No really. The’ve been awesome. Unfortunately they’re still stuck in my head. So stay tuned. Greatness may fall outta my brain soon. But probably not. I’ll aim for a couple of posts this week instead of a Sunday update only. But great might be aiming a bit high so maybe I should just try for quantity, not quality just yet…
So the big news of the week is I finished Ink! I heart this sweater hard! It grew a good six-8 inches in blocking which I hadn’t expected but luckily it can be a bit long and not look stupid. Just means I could have finished it a week or 2 earlier if I’d have, oh, I dunno, swatched, to discover hoe much it would grow. Oh well. It’s a LONG cozy light weight sweater. Cuz that totally makes sense!
I’ve also cast on another baby sweater. I think my uterus is a bit more immune to its cute this time since it’s the same one I knit for my co-worker’s little one, but this time since the baby I’m knitting for has been confirmed girl, I can knit it in all kinds of girly pink goodness. Had the perfect skein of Kollage sock yarn in the stash and I’m having fun with little bits of semi-solid sock yarn left-overs & acquisitions for the stripes. Hoping this one goes as fast as the first one so I can turn it in for a homework assignment for the House Cup AND still start something else this month. Ink cramped my finishing style I think!
Well, without further ado, this week’s status report:
So anyway, the list as it stands today:
Socks (1 pair per month is my goal)
- Deranged Dad Socks (f/k/a Argyles for Dad) Cast on 7/10/12, on hiatus as of 8/13/12
Celtic Beaded SocksCompleted 8/9/12
- Baldersquash (Smart Ass Knitter’s World Domination Club June 2012 pattern)
Plain socks for dad(another Orgy of Greed gift) Cast on 9/10/12, Finished 11/18/12 Masonic LodgeCast on 11/18/12, finished 12/27/12. Helen SocksCast on 12/29/12, Finished 3/10/13
- Hoot & A Half Still haven’t decided if this one’s staying put or going to make way for a different pattern
LenoreCast on 12/29 , finished 2/11/12 Winding Road SocksCast on 8/16 Finished 9/9/12 TerpanderCast on 12/29/12, Finished 3/25/13 StakedCast on 12/30/12 Finished 2/1/13.
- Plain Jane Movie socks- needed a quick grab to work on at the movie, vanilla socks cast on in the dark. Good times. Cast on 3/16/13
Camden Place CardiganStarted 10/9/12, Finished 11/11/12
- Ink Cast on 3/25/12, Finished 5/16/13. ITS DONE ITS DONE ITS DONE! Been a while since I spent 2 months on a project! I think I’ll try to encourage myself to get blogging again by waiting until F/O Friday to post pictures.
- Elphaba the sequel
Shawls, Scarves, etc
Irish Hiking ScarfCast on 7/28/12, Completed 7/31/12. Whipoorwhill- Cast on 9/15/12 Finished 11/20/12 Jagged Edge- Cast on 11/23/12, Finished 1/4/13
- Shawl Test-Knit for one of my Harry Potter House Cup friends. To be cast on at the beginning of March (Formerly Pogona)- Cast on 3/1/13, Still napping
Ruffle Scarf for April (OoG)Cast on 11/17/12, Finished 11/18/12 Wingspan- Cast on 8/17/12 off 8/24/12 Boneyard- Cast on 7/21/12, off 8/15/12 Charlie Chevron Scarf- Cast on 9/12, Cast off 9/17 ClapotisCast on 7/8/12, off 7/25/12 Ruffle Scarf for JanesaCast on & Finished 11/18/12
Dead Fish Hat- Joey (OoG) Cast on 12/4/12, Finished 12/7/12 Dead Fish HatMaddy (OoG) Cast on 1/5/13, Finished 1/6/13 Dead Fish Hat Audra (OoG)Cast on 8/14/12, Off 8/17 Dead Fish Hat Onna (OoG)Cast on 10/26/12, Finished 10/27/12 Irish Hiking Hatfor Scottie Cast on 7/31, Finished 8/1 Turn A Squarefor Mr.Me (OoG) Cast on 11/12/12, Finished 11/13/12 Turn A Squarefor James (OoG) cast AND finished on 11/11/12 Space Princess Hatfor Zig Cast on 11/15/12 Finished 11/17/12 Scatness TamCast on 1/18/13, Finished 1/26/13.
Just To Prove My Insanity
- EBI No progress to report
Tir Chonaillcast on 8/24, Finished 10/1/12 Ball SackCast on 7/12/12. Cast off 7/13/12 Tir Chonaill Trivet- Cast on 9/19, Cast off 9/20 Stocking Garters- Cast on 9/14, Finished 9/15 Nerwin/BatmeanieCast on 11/24/12, Finished 11/26/12 Modified Turn a SquareCast on 12/1/12 Finished 12/2/12 Cabled Square HatCast on 12/2/12, Finished 12/3/12 Slytherin House Colors HatCast on 1/12/13, Finished 1/17/13
Harry Potter House Cup Projects
Skull & Crossbones Dish ClothCast on 10/1/12, Finished 10/1/12 Granny Square Dish ClothCast on 10/8/12, Finished 10/8/12 Teeny Tiny SnowmenCast on 10/12/12, Finished 10/12/12 Winter Hiking HatCast on 11/29, Finished 11/30 Shark MittensCast on 1/4/13, Finished 1/5/13 Come TogetherCast on 1/11/13, Finished 1/12/13 Wrought Iron Mitts- Cast on 1/23/13, Finished 1/27/13
- Merlia Scarf Cast on 1/27/13- napping. I love the scarf, no question, but I’m haivng a hard time working on something this specifically winter oriented right now. So it’s napping.
Wrought Iron Mitts the redeux(the red ones) cast on 2/1/13, Finished 2/3/13. Bella’s MittensCasting on 2/17/13, Finished 2/23/13 Cabled Slouch Hat,Cast on 2/9/13, Finished 2/10/13. Love this one, too! It was knit using one of my first useable skeins Baby Bear SweaterCast on 3/15/12, finished 3/20/13. Baby Bear hat- Cast on 3/20/13, finished 3/23/13 Cabled HeadbandCast on 2/8/13, Finished 2/9/13. This was ultimately a test knit for the alterations I’m going to make on the pattern for my Bella’s Mittens.
- Circle Line Cardigan for R & K- Cast on 5/18/13- Same pattern as Baby Bear’s sweater, this one is for a girl flavored baby so it’s being knit in all kinds of pinky goodness!
Progress To Date:
Projects on the original list: 34
Projects on the list now: 59