YAY! Another one off the list! I needed one more class for the Harry Potter Knit and Crochet House Cup this month (by needed, I mean that I could turn in one more for points. I only NEED to turn in one per month but I can get points on 6) and I’m behind on my Christmas knitting, so I decided Friday’s exciting oil change appointment would be the perfect time to work on a hat. Since I was running a tad bit late for my appointment, I had to go with what was easily available to grab on my way out the door so I ended up grabbing the yarn I’d taken along last month in case I finished the shawl, the socks, the scarf and whatever else I took on our road trip. Optimism is my friend…
Anyway, the project of the day ended up being one of the three remaining Fish Hats on my Giftmas knitting list. I don’t normally enjoy knitting the same pattern again and again but something about this one just grabbed me and won’t let go. I think it helps that the possibilities are as endless as one’s imagination- different colors, different striping patterns, different eye options, etc. And they’re just plain funny to wear. If you live in a climate where hats are less accessory than necessity, it’s good to have a sense of humor about them I say! So I knocked out another hat, crossed off another project on my still-growing YOP list, and all in all had fun. But Ima make you wait until Friday for pictures cuz, you know, then it’s something to play along with on F/O Friday!
In other knitting news, progress remains slow but steady on Dad’s plain vanilla socks. I sorta feel like I”m never going to finish them but that’s at least half due to the fact that I don’t ever seem to work on them. I should get on that, hey? I’m also making good progress on my cardigan. After making cookies I’ll be dividing the fronts and back for the arm hole and neck sections so I feel like I’m making really good progress all around. I have about 4 weeks to finish it and right now confidence is high. Here’s hoping that doesn’t crash in around me!
With that, this week’s progress report:
Socks (1 pair per month is my goal)
- Deranged Dad Socks (f/k/a Argyles for Dad) (Orgy of Greed gift) Cast on 7/10/12, on hiatus as of 8/13/12
Celtic Beaded SocksCompleted 8/9/12
- Baldersquash (Smart Ass Knitter’s World Domination Club June 2012 pattern)
- Plain socks for dad (another Orgy of Greed gift) Cast on 9/10/12, sock #1 finished 10/20/12, sock #2 cast on 10/21/12
- Masonic Lodge (possibe OoG gift for Mr.Me)
- Helen Socks
- Hoot & A Half
Winding Road SocksCast on 8/16 Finished 9/9/12
- Camden Place Cardigan OTN as of 10/9/12. Should be divided for right and left fronts and the back before the end of the day
- Emma’s Chemise
- Elphaba the sequel
Shawls, Scarves, etc
Irish Hiking ScarfCast on 7/28/12, Completed 7/31/12.
- Whipoorwhill- Cast on 9/15/12 In time out indefinitely. We’ll not talk about it beyond that.
- Rockefeller- WestKnits Mystery Shawl KAL 2012. .
- Zuzu Petals for April (OoG)
Wingspan- Cast on 8/17/12 off 8/24/12 Boneyard- Cast on 7/21/12, off 8/15/12 Charlie Chevron Scarf- Cast on 9/12, Cast off 9/17 ClapotisCast on 7/8/12, off 7/25/12
- Dead Fish Hat- Joey (OoG)
- Dead Fish Hat Maddy (OoG)
Dead Fish Hat Audra (OoG)Cast on 8/14/12, Off 8/17 Dead Fish Hat Onna (OoG)Cast on 10/26/12, Finished 10/27/12 Irish Hiking Hatfor Scottie Cast on 7/31, Finished 8/1
- Turn A Square for Mr.Me (OoG)
- Winter Hiking Hat for James (OoG) (Pattern subject to change on a whim!)
Just To Prove My Insanity
- EBI No progress since the Ravellinic Games wrapped up but I have new yarn to add to it which makes me want to work on it some more.
Tir Chonaillcast on 8/24, Finished 10/1/12 Ball SackCast on 7/12/12. Cast off 7/13/12 Tir Chonaill Trivet- Cast on 9/19, Cast off 9/20 Stocking Garters- Cast on 9/14, Finished 9/15
Harry Potter House Cup Projects
Skull & Crossbones Dish ClothCast on 10/1/12, Finished 10/1/12
- Granny Square Dish Cloth Cast on 10/8/12, Finished 10/8/12
- Teeny Tiny Snowmen Cast on 10/12/12, Finished 10/12/12
Progress To Date:
Projects on the original list: 34
Projects on the list now: 40