I have written a bunch of AMAZING blog posts in the last week… No really. The’ve been awesome. Unfortunately they’re still stuck in my head. So stay tuned. Greatness may fall outta my brain soon. But probably not. I’ll aim for a couple of posts this week instead of a Sunday update only. But great might be aiming a bit high so maybe I should just try for quantity, not quality just yet…
Oh poor little neglected blog, can you ever forgive me for the extreme lack of attention I’ve bestowed upon you? I promise it was never my intention to ignore you. I think of you often, and fondly, but, well, the shiny. It keeps distracting me.
To be honest, I think I’m also lacking a little inspiration with my Year of Projects list. I know there isn’t time to complete anything that languishes unstarted from this year’s list, but I’ve not yet put together next year’s list so I’m in something of a project planning funk. Surely there is no shame in not having completed the projects that remain on the list. I started with an ambitious list to say the least and it’s grown rather exponentially from there. Far more projects have been completed than not and I have concrete evidence of my mad knitting habit. All of this is grand! But somehow it’s not inspiring me from the blogging perspective. Silly I know. And the crazy thing is life is just STARTING to get busy! But alas, I want to get back to blogging regularly. I still have a number of post ideas rattling around in my head. I just need to make the time to, you know, type them up! This is where I seem to fail. But the blog is supposed to be fun so I don’t want to make it not fun by pressuring myself to write more. Oh bother. what’s a girl to do?
Really, I think I’ll just go ahead and update the progress and call it good. Then maybe I’ll ponder a post for tomorrow. Or something.
Socks (1 pair per month is my goal)
- Deranged Dad Socks (f/k/a Argyles for Dad) Cast on 7/10/12, on hiatus as of 8/13/12
Celtic Beaded SocksCompleted 8/9/12
- Baldersquash (Smart Ass Knitter’s World Domination Club June 2012 pattern)
Plain socks for dad(another Orgy of Greed gift) Cast on 9/10/12, Finished 11/18/12 Masonic LodgeCast on 11/18/12, finished 12/27/12. Helen SocksCast on 12/29/12, Finished 3/10/13
- Hoot & A Half Still haven’t decided if this one’s staying put or going to make way for a different pattern
LenoreCast on 12/29 , finished 2/11/12 Winding Road SocksCast on 8/16 Finished 9/9/12 TerpanderCast on 12/29/12, Finished 3/25/13 StakedCast on 12/30/12 Finished 2/1/13.
- Plain Jane Movie socks- needed a quick grab to work on at the movie, vanilla socks cast on in the dark. Good times. Cast on 3/16/13 If I didn’t keep getting distracted by the shiny I might actually finish the first sock. But where’s the fun in that?
Camden Place CardiganStarted 10/9/12, Finished 11/11/12 InkCast on 3/25/12, Finished 5/16/13.
- Elphaba the sequel
Shawls, Scarves, etc
Irish Hiking ScarfCast on 7/28/12, Completed 7/31/12. Whipoorwhill- Cast on 9/15/12 Finished 11/20/12 Jagged Edge- Cast on 11/23/12, Finished 1/4/13
- Shawl Test-Knit for one of my Harry Potter House Cup friends. To be cast on at the beginning of March (Formerly Pogona)- Cast on 3/1/13, Still napping
Ruffle Scarf for April (OoG)Cast on 11/17/12, Finished 11/18/12 Wingspan- Cast on 8/17/12 off 8/24/12 Boneyard- Cast on 7/21/12, off 8/15/12 Charlie Chevron Scarf- Cast on 9/12, Cast off 9/17 ClapotisCast on 7/8/12, off 7/25/12 Ruffle Scarf for JanesaCast on & Finished 11/18/12
- Semele Cast on 5/27/13 (again), my Order Mission for this term in the Harry Potter Knit & Crochet House Cup. I was hoping to use it for a class in May so I started it on the 4th, then frogged it. Then started it, then frogged it, then started it, got almost up to the second section, borked it, frogged it, started it, well, I’m sure you can see where this is going , but at any rate, this last restart seems to have taken nicely. I’m on the 4th or 5th repeat, one more to go before an even section, then decreases. I have learned the value of lifelines and counting my stitches at the end of every row which seems to be helping! I Might just end up with a shawllette afterall!
Dead Fish Hat- Joey (OoG) Cast on 12/4/12, Finished 12/7/12 Dead Fish HatMaddy (OoG) Cast on 1/5/13, Finished 1/6/13 Dead Fish Hat Audra (OoG)Cast on 8/14/12, Off 8/17 Dead Fish Hat Onna (OoG)Cast on 10/26/12, Finished 10/27/12 Irish Hiking Hatfor Scottie Cast on 7/31, Finished 8/1 Turn A Squarefor Mr.Me (OoG) Cast on 11/12/12, Finished 11/13/12 Turn A Squarefor James (OoG) cast AND finished on 11/11/12 Space Princess Hatfor Zig Cast on 11/15/12 Finished 11/17/12 Scatness TamCast on 1/18/13, Finished 1/26/13. Simple Bulky Hat- Cast on 5/28/13, Finished 6/1/13- Detention!
Just To Prove My Insanity
- EBI No progress to report
Tir Chonaillcast on 8/24, Finished 10/1/12 Ball SackCast on 7/12/12. Cast off 7/13/12 Tir Chonaill Trivet- Cast on 9/19, Cast off 9/20 Stocking Garters- Cast on 9/14, Finished 9/15 Nerwin/BatmeanieCast on 11/24/12, Finished 11/26/12 Modified Turn a SquareCast on 12/1/12 Finished 12/2/12 Cabled Square HatCast on 12/2/12, Finished 12/3/12 Slytherin House Colors HatCast on 1/12/13, Finished 1/17/13
Harry Potter House Cup Projects
Skull & Crossbones Dish ClothCast on 10/1/12, Finished 10/1/12 Granny Square Dish ClothCast on 10/8/12, Finished 10/8/12 Teeny Tiny SnowmenCast on 10/12/12, Finished 10/12/12 Winter Hiking HatCast on 11/29, Finished 11/30 Shark MittensCast on 1/4/13, Finished 1/5/13 Come TogetherCast on 1/11/13, Finished 1/12/13 Wrought Iron Mitts- Cast on 1/23/13, Finished 1/27/13
- Merlia Scarf Cast on 1/27/13- napping. I love the scarf, no question, but I’m haivng a hard time working on something this specifically winter oriented right now. So it’s napping.
Wrought Iron Mitts the redeux(the red ones) cast on 2/1/13, Finished 2/3/13. Bella’s MittensCasting on 2/17/13, Finished 2/23/13 Cabled Slouch Hat,Cast on 2/9/13, Finished 2/10/13. Love this one, too! It was knit using one of my first useable skeins Baby Bear SweaterCast on 3/15/12, finished 3/20/13. Baby Bear hat- Cast on 3/20/13, finished 3/23/13 Cabled HeadbandCast on 2/8/13, Finished 2/9/13. This was ultimately a test knit for the alterations I’m going to make on the pattern for my Bella’s Mittens. Circle Line Cardigan for R & K- Cast on 5/18/13, Finished 5/26/13- Same pattern as Baby Bear’s sweater, this one is for a girl flavored baby so it’s being knit in all kinds of pinky goodness!
- Circle Line Cardigan Again Again- Cast on 6/9/13 for BFF’s 4th girl child. This one’s in the most delicious PURPLE from Strand Dyeworks. Kristi’s a new face in the indi-dye world and is making some LOVELY lovely stuff! This skein is a custom dye job that needs it’s own post to show off it’s loveliness so I’ll work on that later in the week, in the mean time, I’m lovin’ the knit both for the yarn and the great pattern. Photos to come.
Progress To Date:
Projects on the original list: 34
Projects on the list now: 62