Maybe not so much a good week for finishes, but it was a great start! Probably had a lot to do with it being the start of the new term in the House Cup if I’m to be honest- there were things itchin’ to get on the needles that just couldn’t be started until September 1 or later. And while the Labor Day weekend wasn’t near as productive as I’d hoped, the rest of the week had it’s crazypants moments but I still managed to get some things done. Or, well, really, started…
Carry Overs from my first YoP:
Movie Socks- Cast on in 2013, Frogged 8/11/13
- Elphaba the Sequel
Semele- Cast on 5/27/13, Finished 8/1/13.
- Epic Blanket of Insanity Happily finished row, have ever the slightest start on row 10 and a plan to complete 2 more rows during the current House Cup term. Rumor has it I might also have purchased a pack of mini-skeins to add to the blanket knitting fun.
New and Exciting
- Derecho- Cast on 7/1/13, still waiting. Bigger and better (read more points) projects On the Needles at the moment
- Sock Monkey for A- subject to change to another Parlor Cat
- Sock Monkey for O- Cast on 9/3/13
- Circle Line for G
- Circle Line for S
- Deep Blue Sea for Orville- Oh dear. I best hope he doesn’t move soon because his last day’s Friday and, well, I still haven’t started them.
- Deep Blue Sea for Jennnnnnnnifer
- Ursula Cardigan- FINALLY got the nod from my OWL examiner to cast this on. And was too tired. So I started it on 9/4. Stupid stupid ribbing. 330 stitches worth. On size 0s. I hate myself. And no matter how much I ignore it it just isn’t knitting itself so I guess I need to suck it up and knit. At least there’s football again so I get good knitting time. When I’m not stadium-bound.
Peerie Flooers HatCast on 7/28/13, Finished 8/4/13 Stay Tuned. I swear there’s a full explanation coming Peerie Floores Mittens- Cast on 8/6/13, Finished 8/17
- Stella Luna
Bring Out Your Dead (WIPs)
Deranged Dad Socks.Started August 2012, Frogged 8/11/13,
aster Egg On Acid Socks-DOA as of August, 2013.
- Fishnet Socks- This are right on the verge of a time out. Still in my knitting bag but working on a sock monkey as my travel project instead. This does not bode well for the sock…
Knitting Basket Socks #1- FROGGED 8/11/13. Clog Socks- Frogged Car Socks- Frogged 8/11/13 Merlia Scarf- Cast on January 2013, Finished 8/17/13. Shawl Test Knit- Frogged 8/11/13. Lambton-Frogged 8/6/13
You knew the list would grow. Heck, I knew the list would grow. I’m trying to take the starts a little slower, work on the long-term projects, don’t start other things I can’t finish in a night or two. So far so good.
- Enterlac Ball- Cast on & Finished 9/1/13
- Dish Cloth Extravaganza- 2 done, more to come
Original list: 18 projects
Full Disclosure List: 30 Projects
Current list: 32