Seems crazy to be doing my first update when my list was just published on Wednesday, but, well, there are rules and I am certainly NOT going to kick off this endeavor by breaking them. But before the update, I thought perhaps I’d offer you a glimpses of the ongoings in my head. The genesis of my justification was this: Dina, on reading my list, told me she couldn’t decide if it says I am a very committed to my knitting or that I should be committed. I explained my thought process to her as best I could. I’m fairly certain I did not clear anything up for her on the commitment front.
Consider yourself warned…
Suzy’s Brain on a 34 projects in one year list.
I’m way more ZOMGWHATAMITHINKING at this point. But really, 12 of 34 are socks. That’s just a pair a month. I almost always have socks in my knitting bag and it’s been a long long time since I haven’t turned out at least one pair of socks in a month. So that brings it to 22. Of the 22, 4 dead fish hats are a sum total of 12-16 days knitting time. So then we’re at 18. Hats for James, Rich and Scottie, again, 3-4 days per is about average for a hat. So that’s what, 15 projects to go over 12 months? And one of those is decidedly NOT something I plan to finish. Just random drunk knitting and what not. So really 14. One of the 14 is already on the needles and moving along nicely. So I’m really only looking at 13 projects in 11 months. Hardly more than one per month for at home knitting and that’s absolutely my average.
Yeah. Even I’m not buying it. And I REALLY shouldn’t tell my brain project #35 got added. Though it was also finished so it’s barely worth mentioning. But it’s funny
if you’re perpetually 12 like me so I went with it.
That said, there actually IS progress on The List. So here goes:
Socks (1 pair per month is my goal)
- Argyles for Dad (Orgy of Greed gift) Cast on 7/10/12. As with all my sock, I’m knitting them toe up. Attempting Intarsia in the round. New skills are fun, right? Or maybe not. I’m already hating on myself for trying to knit black socks at night. These are already at risk of a time out. ZOINKS
- Celtic Beaded Socks (one of my Ravellenics challenges)
- Baldersquash (Smart Ass Knitter’s World Domination Club June 2012 pattern)
- Plain socks for dad (another Orgy of Greed gift)
- Masonic Lodge (possibe OoG gift for Mr.Me)
- Helen Socks
Shawls, Scarves, etc
- Irish Hiking Scarf (Scotties’ OoG gift #1, Ravelllenics project #2)
- Rockefeller– WestKnits Mystery Shawl KAL 2012
- Zuzu Petals for April (OoG)
- Scarf for Janesa
- Charlie Chevron Scarf
- Clapotis the sequel Cast on 7/8/12. Since the socks are more of an at home project with colorwork, for the time being, this is my travel project. Already onto the third section of the pattern which is where the knitting gets more interesting with the dropped stitches.
- Dead Fish Hat– Joey (OoG)
- Dead Fish Hat Maddy (OoG)
- Dead Fish Hat Audra (OoG)
- Dead Fish Hat Onna (OoG)
- Irish Hiking Hat for Scottie (OoG & Ravellenics)
- Turn A Square for Mr.Me (OoG)
- Hat for James (OoG) (Pattern subject to change on a whim!)
Just To Prove My Insanity
- EBI (no intentions of actually FINISHING this in a year, just growing it steadily)
- Tir Chonaill
- Ball Sack No really, it’s a sack. For storing your ball. OF YARN. Sheesh. Get your mind outta the gutter. Oh wait. Never mind. I am perpetually 12. That’s EXACTLY why I’m knit a ball sack. Cast on 7/12/12. Cast off 7/13/12
Progress To Date: