While progress is being made, it’s not of a particularly noteworthy variety. The same 2 projects continue to be OTN. For most of the week, this will not change. Despite the frightening length of my YOP list, I am still working at keeping my number of projects on the go at any time to a minimum. If I get too out of hand with the startitis I won’t finish anything and this would make me sad.
The one exception is
Athena Boneyard. We have an event this weekend and while I’m mostly spending my time in camp spinning, there needs to be a knitting project, too. I’d intended to do an Athena scarf (Ravelry pattern link below) but I just wasn’t liking the looks of it in the yarn/needle size I’d brought along so I had to go for a quick emergency substitution and cast on Boneyard instead. I intended to put this one on my YOP list originally but forgot so I figured a quick substitution would work and I’ve called it good. So the list now stands as follows:
Socks (1 pair per month is my goal)
- Argyles for Dad (Orgy of Greed gift) Cast on 7/10/12. Intarsia in the round on tiny needles in black at night (just in case you forgot all the details of my insanity). Sock #1 is going surprisingly well. I always forget just how long I need to make the foot for a mens sock so I go between skeert I’ve plotted the pattern placement out wrong for starting the argyle on the instep and remembering my senses. Guess which happens more often?
- Celtic Beaded Socks (one of my Ravellenics challenges)
- Baldersquash (Smart Ass Knitter’s World Domination Club June 2012 pattern)
- Plain socks for dad (another Orgy of Greed gift)
- Masonic Lodge (possibe OoG gift for Mr.Me)
- Helen Socks
- Camden Place Cardigan– I finally brought the yarn home from my office. Does this count as progress?
- Emma’s Chemise
- Elphaba the sequel
Shawls, Scarves, etc
- Irish Hiking Scarf (Scotties’ OoG gift #1, Ravelllenics project #2)
- Rockefeller– WestKnits Mystery Shawl KAL 2012. Someday I should get ’round to choosing yarn for this. It would be much easier to start it that way.
- Zuzu Petals for April (OoG)
- Scarf for Janesa
AthenaBoneyard– Cast on 7/21/12
- Charlie Chevron Scarf
- Clapotis the sequel Cast on 7/8/12. Still not loving the yarn for the project but LOVING the yarn for the yarn. Almost finished with the straight rows and on to the decrease! Might get this one off the needles before the Ravellenic Games kick off on Friday.
- Dead Fish Hat– Joey (OoG)
- Dead Fish Hat Maddy (OoG)
- Dead Fish Hat Audra (OoG)
- Dead Fish Hat Onna (OoG)
- Irish Hiking Hat for Scottie (OoG & Ravellenics)
- Turn A Square for Mr.Me (OoG)
- Hat for James (OoG) (Pattern subject to change on a whim!)
Just To Prove My Insanity
- EBI (no intentions of actually FINISHING this in a year, just growing it steadily)
- Tir Chonaill
- Ball Sack No really, it’s a sack. For storing your ball. OF YARN. Sheesh. Get your mind outta the gutter. Oh wait. Never mind. I am perpetually 12. That’s EXACTLY why I’m knit a ball sack. Cast on 7/12/12. Cast off 7/13/12
Progress To Date:
Projects on the original list: 34
Projects on the list now: 35
Tune in next week for what should be a more exciting update- The mass cast on for the Ravellenic Games is Friday afternoon. The sock and scarf (unless it’s finished) will be set aside for 17 days of mad knitting on other projects. Just to see how far I can get during 17 days. I have a weekend without Mr.Me (but with my nephew) and an extra day off to do nothing but knit. I can’t WAIT!