I’ve been largely neglecting my blog posts recently- too much focus on trying to accomplish all the projects I set forth for the Ravellenic games to spend the time typing I guess. The motivation is working though, I am 2.5+ projects into the 4 knits I set out to accomplish in 17 days. And as all are a part of my Year of Projects list, I am happy to see progress there, too! The knitting stalled out a bit this weekend, though. Ironically, Mr.Me is gone for the weekend which should mean LOTS of knitting time but I’m getting very little of it. The reason I stayed behind is that my awesome nephew is in town from California so even the Olympics and the knitting aren’t enough to keep me away from Bradley time! I have a vacation day tomorrow and will probably spend most of it at home so I should make some progress then and really, the only thing in danger of not getting done is my 17 EBI squares which isn’t going to be a total heart breaker for me.
So here’s this week’s progress report
Socks (1 pair per month is my goal)
- Deranged Dad Socks (f/k/a Argyles for Dad) (Orgy of Greed gift) Cast on 7/10/12 On hold until the Olympics are over
- Celtic Beaded Socks Ravellenic’s Project #2- Cast on 7/28/12 Sock #1 is done, sock #2 in progress
- Baldersquash (Smart Ass Knitter’s World Domination Club June 2012 pattern)
- Plain socks for dad (another Orgy of Greed gift)
- Masonic Lodge (possibe OoG gift for Mr.Me)
- Helen Socks
- Camden Place Cardigan– I finally brought the yarn home from my office. Does this count as progress?
- Emma’s Chemise
- Elphaba the sequel
Shawls, Scarves, etc
Irish Hiking Scarf(Scotties’ OoG gift #1, Ravelllenics project #2) Cast on 7/28/12, Completed 7/31/12. One of my favorite knits to date
- Rockefeller– WestKnits Mystery Shawl KAL 2012. The chances of this making it OTN have increased since seeing the finished projects on Ravelry. If only I could decide on the yarn…
- Zuzu Petals for April (OoG)
- Scarf for Janesa
AthenaBoneyard– Cast on 7/21/12 On hold until after the Olympics
- Charlie Chevron Scarf
ClapotisCast on 7/8/12, off 7/25/12.
- Dead Fish Hat– Joey (OoG)
- Dead Fish Hat Maddy (OoG)
- Dead Fish Hat Audra (OoG)
- Dead Fish Hat Onna (OoG)
Irish Hiking Hatfor Scottie (OoG & Ravellenics) Cast on 7/31 at 9PM, off and ends woven in on 8/1 at 11pm. I think this is my fastest ever finished object!
- Turn A Square for Mr.Me (OoG)
- Hat for James (OoG) (Pattern subject to change on a whim!)
Just To Prove My Insanity
- EBI (no intentions of actually FINISHING this in a year, just growing it steadily) Progress underway for my Ravellenic Games goal of 17 squares in 17 days. Obviously not happening at one a day but I think I’ll achieve the goal at least!
- Tir Chonaill
Ball SackCast on 7/12/12. Cast off 7/13/12
Progress To Date:
Projects on the original list: 34
Projects on the list now: 35+