The Ravellenic Games has produced for me a whirlwind rush of project completion. 3 items off my list in a mere 14 days. This is quick. I think I am still stuck in quilter brain where I don’t finish things very quickly because the whole pesky work thing gets in my way. The Games has given me pause to reconsider. Turns out maybe I really do knit quite a lot. And while I know that this was an unusual lot of finishing do to extra focused effort on my part, it occurs to me now that I probably still net a minimum 15-20 hours with sticks and string in hand each week. Considering my average work-week is 35 hours (40 one week, 32 the next), I really can’t complain. I spend a lot of my waking hours doing the thing I seem to love best for ways to pass the time. This makes me immeasurably happy!
So with the Games wrapping up at the end of London 2012’s closing ceremony tonight, it’s time to resume a more normal knitting pace and return the love to a couple of projects I’ve ignored these last 17 days. The Deranged Dad socks and the Boneyard are back in my active rotation. My spinning wheel is due up for some love as well. Turns out after nearly 3 weeks of spinning almost every day, walking away from the wheel to focus solely on knitting for the next 2 weeks made me really really miss spinning! So while my finished object posts will likely suffer, my WIP posts will look a little dull and my stash of finished yarn will continue to grow, I’m still happily chugging along at my Year of Projects list. The progress looks a little like this:
Socks (1 pair per month is my goal)
- Deranged Dad Socks (f/k/a Argyles for Dad) (Orgy of Greed gift) Cast on 7/10/12 On hold until the Olympics are over
Celtic Beaded SocksRavellenic’s Project #2- Completed 8/9/12
- Baldersquash (Smart Ass Knitter’s World Domination Club June 2012 pattern)
- Plain socks for dad (another Orgy of Greed gift)
- Masonic Lodge (possibe OoG gift for Mr.Me)
- Helen Socks
- Hoot & A Half
- Camden Place Cardigan– I finally brought the yarn home from my office. Does this count as progress?
- Emma’s Chemise
- Elphaba the sequel
Shawls, Scarves, etc
Irish Hiking Scarf(Scotties’ OoG gift #1, Ravelllenics project #2) Cast on 7/28/12, Completed 7/31/12. One of my favorite knits to date
- Rockefeller– WestKnits Mystery Shawl KAL 2012. The chances of this making it OTN have increased since seeing the finished projects on Ravelry. If only I could decide on the yarn…
- Zuzu Petals for April (OoG)
- Scarf for Janesa
Boneyard– Cast on 7/21/12 I’ve added a few more rows to this one over the last couple of days. There wasn’t any chance of casting on and finishing another project before the Rav Games ended so Boneyard went back into my knitting bag as of work on Friday.
- Charlie Chevron Scarf
ClapotisCast on 7/8/12, off 7/25/12.
- Dead Fish Hat– Joey (OoG)
- Dead Fish Hat Maddy (OoG)
- Dead Fish Hat Audra (OoG)
- Dead Fish Hat Onna (OoG)
Irish Hiking Hatfor Scottie (OoG & Ravellenics) Cast on 7/31 at 9PM, off and ends woven in on 8/1 at 11pm. I think this is my fastest ever finished object!
- Turn A Square for Mr.Me (OoG)
- Hat for James (OoG) (Pattern subject to change on a whim!)
Just To Prove My Insanity
- EBI I set a goal of 17 finished squares during the Ravellenic Games for this one. I finished the last of the 17 Saturday night.
- Tir Chonaill
Ball SackCast on 7/12/12. Cast off 7/13/12
Progress To Date:
Projects on the original list: 34
Projects on the list now: 35+