Progress this week has finally slowed a bit. Which sounds a little weird, almost like I was waiting for it to stall. This is absolutely NOT the case. I wish I was still getting stuff off the needles as quickly as I did during the Ravellenic Games, but the slow down was inevitable. Especially since my list of “quick” projects grows shorter all the time.
The strange thing I’m noticing about my list of projects- the socks seem to be the place I’ve stalled out the most. This is a change for me because I am a sock knitter first and foremost. Maybe it’s because my sock drawer all but explodes every time I open it, but I just don’t have the same drive to knit them lately. I still have one with me almost every time I leave the house, I am just no focused on knitting them AT home. Which is OK. I’m enjoying a grand tour of other knitting. I just haven’t quite grown accustom to this “new normal” yet.
This week’s big focus has been my Wingspan. Its an intriguing knit, especially with a yarn with long color gradients. I don’t think I’d do very well with this pattern if the yarn weren’t keeping it interesting, though. Garter stitch gets a bit dull after a while. So I’m happy to say it’s been a quick knit. Averaging a triangle per day it’s about a week long project. Can’t complain about that. Casting on something new is one of my favorite things to do so getting this one done and something new on is a win!
Socks (1 pair per month is my goal)
- Deranged Dad Socks (f/k/a Argyles for Dad) (Orgy of Greed gift) Cast on 7/10/12, on hiatus as of 8/13/12
Celtic Beaded SocksCompleted 8/9/12
- Baldersquash (Smart Ass Knitter’s World Domination Club June 2012 pattern)
- Plain socks for dad (another Orgy of Greed gift)
- Masonic Lodge (possibe OoG gift for Mr.Me)
- Helen Socks
- Hoot & A Half
- Winding Road Socks Cast on 8/16
Shawls, Scarves, etc
Irish Hiking ScarfCast on 7/28/12, Completed 7/31/12.
- Whipoorwhill– This one’s looking to be a likely candidate for the Antietam Road Trip.
- Rockefeller– WestKnits Mystery Shawl KAL 2012. The chances of this making it OTN have increased since seeing the finished projects on Ravelry. If only I could decide on the yarn…
- Zuzu Petals for April (OoG)
Wingspan– Cast on 8/17/12 off 8/24/12 Boneyard– Cast on 7/21/12, off 8/15/12
- Charlie Chevron Scarf– Candidate #2 for Antietam
ClapotisCast on 7/8/12, off 7/25/12.
- Dead Fish Hat– Joey (OoG)
- Dead Fish Hat Maddy (OoG)
Dead Fish Hat Audra (OoG)Cast on 8/14/12, Off 8/17
- Dead Fish Hat Onna (OoG)
Irish Hiking Hatfor Scottie Cast on 7/31, Finished 8/1
- Turn A Square for Mr.Me (OoG)
- Winter Hiking Hat for James (OoG) (Pattern subject to change on a whim!)
Just To Prove My Insanity
- EBI No progress since the Ravellinic Games wrapped up but I have several swaps in the works so more colors coming soon!
- Tir Chonaill The kit finally made it! I was trying to convince myself to wait but it didn’t work so cast on 8/24
Ball SackCast on 7/12/12. Cast off 7/13/12
Progress To Date:
Projects on the original list: 34
Projects on the list now: 35+