As expected, there is not a lot of progress to report on where my list is concerned this week. What I was working on last week is what I am working on this week. This isn’t to say that progress isn’t happening, just that projects aren’t moving around so much. My Winding Ways sock is moving along nicely. I’m working on the cabled cuff (keeping in mind, of course, that I avoid top down socks at all cost so I’m knitting the pattern upside down, technically- the cuff is the last part!) so sock # 2 should be on the needles soon. Pictures will happen on Wednesday I think.
The big news for the week is my Tîr Chonaill. I am still not fully convinced I am going to have enough of the main color to complete all 7 repeats, but I’m getting more comfortable with it. I think I might pull it off but it’s going to me a matter of inches I suspect. Beyond that, I am in love. At least once per night of knitting on it I stop to pet it and tell Mr.Me how pretty it is. Its one of those odd projects that really has no practical application in my life, but I don’t care. There is just something about it that I can’t turn away from. I’m still askeert of the steeking part but I usually don’t let fear of such things stop me from plowing ahead with them. This will be the same. Stretching my skill set will be a good thing. And I’ll have a completely useless, entirely gorgeous lap blanket to show for it. Can’t WAIT!
So, enough with the babbling, here’s the progress on my list:
Socks (1 pair per month is my goal)
- Deranged Dad Socks (f/k/a Argyles for Dad) (Orgy of Greed gift) Cast on 7/10/12, on hiatus as of 8/13/12
Celtic Beaded SocksCompleted 8/9/12
- Baldersquash (Smart Ass Knitter’s World Domination Club June 2012 pattern)
- Plain socks for dad (another Orgy of Greed gift)
- Masonic Lodge (possibe OoG gift for Mr.Me)
- Helen Socks
- Hoot & A Half
- Winding Road Socks Cast on 8/16
Shawls, Scarves, etc
Irish Hiking ScarfCast on 7/28/12, Completed 7/31/12.
- Whipoorwhill– This one’s looking to be a likely candidate for the Antietam Road Trip.
- Rockefeller– WestKnits Mystery Shawl KAL 2012. I have a yarn theory in mind. I should create a stats category for this I think. Theoretical knitting It should count for something…
- Zuzu Petals for April (OoG)
Wingspan– Cast on 8/17/12 off 8/24/12 Boneyard– Cast on 7/21/12, off 8/15/12
- Charlie Chevron Scarf– Candidate #2 for Antietam
ClapotisCast on 7/8/12, off 7/25/12
- Dead Fish Hat– Joey (OoG)
- Dead Fish Hat Maddy (OoG)
Dead Fish Hat Audra (OoG)Cast on 8/14/12, Off 8/17
- Dead Fish Hat Onna (OoG)
Irish Hiking Hatfor Scottie Cast on 7/31, Finished 8/1
- Turn A Square for Mr.Me (OoG)
- Winter Hiking Hat for James (OoG) (Pattern subject to change on a whim!)
Just To Prove My Insanity
- EBI No progress since the Ravellinic Games wrapped up but I have several swaps in the works so more colors coming soon!
- Tir Chonaill cast on 8/24
Ball SackCast on 7/12/12. Cast off 7/13/12
Progress To Date:
Projects on the original list: 34
Projects on the list now: 35+