I am officially behind the times! But I have a good excuse… We wrapped up another reenacting season this past weekend so I was away from most friendly forms of technology for the weekend. And I was kinda busy last week so I didn’t get to pre-publish my posts like I try to do when I know I’ll be gone. So this week’s update is a bit late. But it’s worth it. Cuz I can mark off some progress!
Tir Chonaill is officially finished! You can find me on Ravelry if you want a sneak peak, but the official finished photos will be saved for a F/O Friday post later this week. Cuz some finishes are worth waiting for.
I came home from the weekend having caught Mr.Me’s plague (OK, perhaps that’s a bit of an exaggeration- just cold, but it rudely started as a chest cold so I get to whine extra!) but my stupid responsibility gene sent me to work in spite of feeling like dog meat… There were bills to be paid and payroll checks to be cut and when it’s the folks who sign your paycheck waiting for their own, you cowboy up and go to the office. But I quickly realized I was not up to tasks that required actual thinking so I did what needed to be done and called it a day. Came home, put my jammies on and took up residence on the couch with the thumbless overlords. Spike was a good little widget and made sure I didn’t get up to do anything for several hours at a stretch. About the time my bladder was about to explode, Lily decided to join him (by jumping ON my bladder of course) and held me down for a while longer. The rest was much needed. I finished reading my book, started another one and eventually couldn’t stand it anymore, so I grabbed some knitting
It’s the first day of the second month of the term for the Harry Potter Knit & Crochet House Cup which means new class prompts were posted today. I decided a couple of them would work nicely for some dish cloths that I realized over the weekend that I need to knit. My reenacting stash of dish cloth/hot pads is dangerously low and, while this season is over, next season I am hoping to do a 3-4 day commissary impression at Gettysburg so I’ll need to stock up. SO I cast one on and finished it. Just because there’s been a serious lack of photos in my posts lately, I’ll show this one off today. Nothing too exciting, just a skull and cross bones in boring white, but it worked for a homework assignment and started me off with my minimum requirement for the month met. I am good with this…
You may have noticed I said a “few” dish clothes… Which means the list has grown again. OY… But at least they go quick!
Socks (1 pair per month is my goal)
- Deranged Dad Socks (f/k/a Argyles for Dad) (Orgy of Greed gift) Cast on 7/10/12, on hiatus as of 8/13/12
Celtic Beaded SocksCompleted 8/9/12
- Baldersquash (Smart Ass Knitter’s World Domination Club June 2012 pattern)
- Plain socks for dad (another Orgy of Greed gift) Cast on 9/10/12 On the heel flap of sock #1
- Masonic Lodge (possibe OoG gift for Mr.Me)
- Helen Socks
- Hoot & A Half
Winding Road SocksCast on 8/16 Finished 9/9/12
Shawls, Scarves, etc
Irish Hiking ScarfCast on 7/28/12, Completed 7/31/12.
- Whipoorwhill– Cast on 9/15/12 I’m on the third color transition, just 2 more to go! But the rows are growing so it’s taking FOR-EVER!
- Rockefeller– WestKnits Mystery Shawl KAL 2012. I have a yarn theory in mind. I should create a stats category for this I think. Theoretical knitting It should count for something…
- Zuzu Petals for April (OoG)
Wingspan– Cast on 8/17/12 off 8/24/12 Boneyard– Cast on 7/21/12, off 8/15/12 Charlie Chevron Scarf– Cast on 9/12, Cast off 9/17 ClapotisCast on 7/8/12, off 7/25/12
- Dead Fish Hat– Joey (OoG)
- Dead Fish Hat Maddy (OoG)
Dead Fish Hat Audra (OoG)Cast on 8/14/12, Off 8/17
- Dead Fish Hat Onna (OoG)
Irish Hiking Hatfor Scottie Cast on 7/31, Finished 8/1
- Turn A Square for Mr.Me (OoG)
- Winter Hiking Hat for James (OoG) (Pattern subject to change on a whim!)
Just To Prove My Insanity
- EBI No progress since the Ravellinic Games wrapped up but I have several swaps in the works so more colors coming soon!
Tir Chonaillcast on 8/24, Finished 10/1/12 Ball SackCast on 7/12/12. Cast off 7/13/12 Tir Chonaill Trivet– Cast on 9/19, Cast off 9/20 Stocking Garters– Cast on 9/14, Finished 9/15
Harry Potter House Cup Projects
Skull & Crossbones Dish ClothCast on 10/1/12, Finished 10/1/12
- Granny Square Dish Cloth
- Cherry Blossom Dish Cloth
- Poo Bag Pouch
Progress To Date:
Projects on the original list: 34
Projects on the list now: 41
OTN 3/25 Three is good. Three is normal. Though I suspect three will be interrupted a lot by short term fours…
And what’s more, I think I just realized my insanity category is all finished, but for the EBI, which I don’t really expect to finish! SWEET