Another week gone and I feel like I’m stuck in a rut. The Whippoorwill is threatening to be the death of me. I’m finally to the part where it gets interesting, but not REALLY interesting because the rows are over 450 stitches and growing. I don’t think anything is THAT interesting. Expect maybe for the Tir Chonaill bind off because it only had to happen for a few rows and it was done. This. This seems to be going on forever. I can accomplish 4-5 rows on a good night. This does not feel like progress. And since I really knit it with intent to use it reenacting and the reenacting season is over, well, the urge to work on it is dwindling. But I’m close enough to the end where I don’t want to toss it aside. Its a conundrum. But I am hoping like hope that if I keep soldiering on, I will have a finished object by Friday. Or at least next week. Cuz man, I don’t know how much more of this shawl I can take.
The plain vanilla socks for dad aren’t going much better. I am onto the leg of the first sock. But it feels like I’ve been on this sock forever. I think it’s harder for me to work on things that aren’t for me. Because, I admit it freely, I am a very selfish knitter. But I will knit on. I’ve already let the Deranged Dad sock get the better of me, I will not cave to the vanilla… At least there’s football today to keep me entertained while I knit on. And on. And on…
So the status of the list that has not changed from last week…
Socks (1 pair per month is my goal)
- Deranged Dad Socks (f/k/a Argyles for Dad) (Orgy of Greed gift) Cast on 7/10/12, on hiatus as of 8/13/12
Celtic Beaded SocksCompleted 8/9/12
- Baldersquash (Smart Ass Knitter’s World Domination Club June 2012 pattern)
- Plain socks for dad (another Orgy of Greed gift) Cast on 9/10/12 On the heel flap of sock #1
- Masonic Lodge (possibe OoG gift for Mr.Me)
- Helen Socks
- Hoot & A Half
Winding Road SocksCast on 8/16 Finished 9/9/12
Shawls, Scarves, etc
Irish Hiking ScarfCast on 7/28/12, Completed 7/31/12.
- Whipoorwhill– Cast on 9/15/12 Fourth color transition has begun. I’m not sure I love this one, not as subtle as the first 2, but I am not frogging.
- Rockefeller– WestKnits Mystery Shawl KAL 2012. .
- Zuzu Petals for April (OoG)
Wingspan– Cast on 8/17/12 off 8/24/12 Boneyard– Cast on 7/21/12, off 8/15/12 Charlie Chevron Scarf– Cast on 9/12, Cast off 9/17 ClapotisCast on 7/8/12, off 7/25/12
- Dead Fish Hat– Joey (OoG)
- Dead Fish Hat Maddy (OoG)
Dead Fish Hat Audra (OoG)Cast on 8/14/12, Off 8/17
- Dead Fish Hat Onna (OoG)
Irish Hiking Hatfor Scottie Cast on 7/31, Finished 8/1
- Turn A Square for Mr.Me (OoG)
- Winter Hiking Hat for James (OoG) (Pattern subject to change on a whim!)
Just To Prove My Insanity
- EBI No progress since the Ravellinic Games wrapped up but I have new yarn to add to it which makes me want to work on it some more.
Tir Chonaillcast on 8/24, Finished 10/1/12 Ball SackCast on 7/12/12. Cast off 7/13/12 Tir Chonaill Trivet– Cast on 9/19, Cast off 9/20 Stocking Garters– Cast on 9/14, Finished 9/15
Harry Potter House Cup Projects
Skull & Crossbones Dish ClothCast on 10/1/12, Finished 10/1/12
- Granny Square Dish Cloth
- Cherry Blossom Dish Cloth
- Poo Bag Pouch
Progress To Date:
Projects on the original list: 34
Projects on the list now: 41