I think I can officially be charged with blog-neglect. Blame it on the urge to knit all the things! At once. NOW.
So it turns out a little perspective was exactly what I needed where Whippoorwill was concerned. I set it aside, cast on my Camden Place cardigan and was happy. And last night I was able to knit a few rows on Whippoorwill with no overwhelming urge to kill it with fire or anything! Felt like quite an accomplishment! Though I did learn part of my problem where the shawl is concerns is that I keep insisting on reading ahead. If I’d just knit the rows as they come and be content in the knowledge that I’ve taken it from 20 rows to go down to 16 I might could be happy. But instead I keep reading ahead… I have nearly 100 more increase stitches to go before it’s done. And over 550 to bind off at the end. And now I’m back to giving it the stink eye. Not quite to the burn it with fire level, but if I’m not careful, well, you can see where this is going…
AS for Camden Place, so far, it’s all I dreamed it could be. Which might be a premature declaration as I’m less than one ball in with 8 or 9 more in the wings waiting for curtain calls. At any rate, the waistband is knit and I’ve started on the bottom body. Nothing terribly challenging which makes it great for TV knitting. Pictures will happen come Wednesday.
The vanilla sock continues to drag on. I need to give the ball of yarn a quick weigh up to see how close I am to the half way point so I can decide how much longer to knit the leg. Then I can finally knit sock #2. And after that it would seem I need to get on the Masonic Lodge socks I’ve been planning to knit for Mr.Me. Seems he’s starting to ask for another pair to call his own. At least it takes away any challenge in deciding what to knit next, right?
So in the end, I wrap up another week with no real progress on the list. Well, progress yes, but nothing to mark complete. I’m learning to be OK with that, but it’s a challenge!
Socks (1 pair per month is my goal)
- Deranged Dad Socks (f/k/a Argyles for Dad) (Orgy of Greed gift) Cast on 7/10/12, on hiatus as of 8/13/12
Celtic Beaded SocksCompleted 8/9/12
- Baldersquash (Smart Ass Knitter’s World Domination Club June 2012 pattern)
- Plain socks for dad (another Orgy of Greed gift) Cast on 9/10/12 Well on the way to finishing sock #1
- Masonic Lodge (possibe OoG gift for Mr.Me)
- Helen Socks
- Hoot & A Half
Winding Road SocksCast on 8/16 Finished 9/9/12
- Camden Place Cardigan OTN as of 10/9/12. Wasitband is knit, now I’m working on the lower body. I just hope I chose the size correctly or I might cry!
- Emma’s Chemise
- Elphaba the sequel
Shawls, Scarves, etc
Irish Hiking ScarfCast on 7/28/12, Completed 7/31/12.
- Whipoorwhill– Cast on 9/15/12 For the moment, no desire to kill it with fire and “only” 16 rows left! I’m optimistic about further progress while watching football today
- Rockefeller– WestKnits Mystery Shawl KAL 2012. .
- Zuzu Petals for April (OoG)
Wingspan– Cast on 8/17/12 off 8/24/12 Boneyard– Cast on 7/21/12, off 8/15/12 Charlie Chevron Scarf– Cast on 9/12, Cast off 9/17 ClapotisCast on 7/8/12, off 7/25/12
- Dead Fish Hat– Joey (OoG)
- Dead Fish Hat Maddy (OoG)
Dead Fish Hat Audra (OoG)Cast on 8/14/12, Off 8/17
- Dead Fish Hat Onna (OoG)
Irish Hiking Hatfor Scottie Cast on 7/31, Finished 8/1
- Turn A Square for Mr.Me (OoG)
- Winter Hiking Hat for James (OoG) (Pattern subject to change on a whim!)
Just To Prove My Insanity
- EBI No progress since the Ravellinic Games wrapped up but I have new yarn to add to it which makes me want to work on it some more.
Tir Chonaillcast on 8/24, Finished 10/1/12 Ball SackCast on 7/12/12. Cast off 7/13/12 Tir Chonaill Trivet– Cast on 9/19, Cast off 9/20 Stocking Garters– Cast on 9/14, Finished 9/15
Harry Potter House Cup Projects
Skull & Crossbones Dish ClothCast on 10/1/12, Finished 10/1/12
- Granny Square Dish Cloth Cast l 10/8/12, Finished 10/8/12
- Cherry Blossom Dish Cloth
- Poo Bag Pouch
- Teeny Tiny Snowmen 5 of these make up my Quidditch Game #2 project. Cast on 10/12/12, Finished 10/12/12
Progress To Date:
Projects on the original list: 34
Projects on the list now: 42