So this week I wasn’t so much in trouble for blog neglect. Covered the updates fairly nicely I should think. No knitting neglect, either. I did a pretty good lot of that. But I don’t have a lot of actual progress to report. Which isn’t to say there’s not been progress, just that the projects in the works are pretty much exactly the same as those I was working on last week.
The shawl, as you maybe have read, is in time out. For a long time. I’m sure it’s not yet spent enough time thinking about what it’s done. I put it away with 10 rows to go but I am pretty sure I’m going to have to TINK one and knit it again, you know, at the right part of the pattern, so we’ll call it 11. UGH. I’m refusing to consider it exists right now. And I’m good with that.
I FINALLY finished the first of the plain vanilla socks. It felt like it took forever! Mens socks, I tell ya, they’re just huge! At least compared to my tiny little size 6 feet! So I’ll get started on #2 this week and have another Giftmas item checked off. This will be good. Cuz I think I’m behind on my Giftmas knitting. But I’m not yet stressing about that. Cuz no one yet EXPECTS knits for Giftmas, I figure those who don’t get them won’t know what they missed out on. This is, of course, entirely subject to change the closer we get to Christmas and my realizing if I don’t MAKE gifts I have to BUY gifts and that requires shopping. I want to think about shopping about as much as I want to think about the shawl right now.
My Camden Place cardigan is coming along very nicely. I have a solid 4-5 inches of the lower body knit and feel like it’s going very quickly. I need to finish this by about Thanksgiving time in order to turn it in for a successful completion of my Order of the Phoenix Mission in the Harry Potter Knit & Crochet House Cup. I feel like this is completely do-able right now. Hopefully this won’t bite me in the butt later!
I’ve spent a fair bit of time at my wheel lately, too. I am about 9g of fiber away from finishing the singles for my Charms OWL for the HPKCHC. I’m still a little scared of what’s going to happen come plying time as spinning lace weight on purpose is still a crap shoot, but I feel good. Again, it’s that strange part of crafting where you feel all things are possible. Please cross a finger or two that it continues this way!
With that, this week’s progress report:
Socks (1 pair per month is my goal)
- Deranged Dad Socks (f/k/a Argyles for Dad) (Orgy of Greed gift) Cast on 7/10/12, on hiatus as of 8/13/12
Celtic Beaded SocksCompleted 8/9/12
- Baldersquash (Smart Ass Knitter’s World Domination Club June 2012 pattern)
- Plain socks for dad (another Orgy of Greed gift) Cast on 9/10/12, sock #1 finished 10/20/12
- Masonic Lodge (possibe OoG gift for Mr.Me)
- Helen Socks
- Hoot & A Half
Winding Road SocksCast on 8/16 Finished 9/9/12
- Camden Place Cardigan OTN as of 10/9/12. Progress is coming along nicely on the lower body, hope to be onto the upper body by next week’s YOP post
- Emma’s Chemise
- Elphaba the sequel
Shawls, Scarves, etc
Irish Hiking ScarfCast on 7/28/12, Completed 7/31/12.
- Whipoorwhill– Cast on 9/15/12 In time out indefinitely. We’ll not talk about it beyond that.
- Rockefeller– WestKnits Mystery Shawl KAL 2012. .
- Zuzu Petals for April (OoG)
Wingspan– Cast on 8/17/12 off 8/24/12 Boneyard– Cast on 7/21/12, off 8/15/12 Charlie Chevron Scarf– Cast on 9/12, Cast off 9/17 ClapotisCast on 7/8/12, off 7/25/12
- Dead Fish Hat– Joey (OoG)
- Dead Fish Hat Maddy (OoG)
Dead Fish Hat Audra (OoG)Cast on 8/14/12, Off 8/17
- Dead Fish Hat Onna (OoG)
Irish Hiking Hatfor Scottie Cast on 7/31, Finished 8/1
- Turn A Square for Mr.Me (OoG)
- Winter Hiking Hat for James (OoG) (Pattern subject to change on a whim!)
Just To Prove My Insanity
- EBI No progress since the Ravellinic Games wrapped up but I have new yarn to add to it which makes me want to work on it some more.
Tir Chonaillcast on 8/24, Finished 10/1/12 Ball SackCast on 7/12/12. Cast off 7/13/12 Tir Chonaill Trivet– Cast on 9/19, Cast off 9/20 Stocking Garters– Cast on 9/14, Finished 9/15
Harry Potter House Cup Projects
Skull & Crossbones Dish ClothCast on 10/1/12, Finished 10/1/12
- Granny Square Dish Cloth Cast on 10/8/12, Finished 10/8/12
- Cherry Blossom Dish Cloth
- Poo Bag Pouch
- Teeny Tiny Snowmen Cast on 10/12/12, Finished 10/12/12
Progress To Date:
Projects on the original list: 34
Projects on the list now: 42