I’m a day late this week. Normally I like to do my YOP updates on Sunday when I have time to post mine and check out what my fellow blog-alongers are up to, but that just wasn’t in the cards this week… Saturday we spent most of the day away from the house and I wasn’t anywhere near my computer and Sunday I was a woman on a mission…
Sunday was the day I’d waited for all week. Not just for the usual Packer game reason (though that happened, too, I promise), it was the day I knew I would have an uninterrupted stretch of knitting time. I needed this in order to tackle (HA! Football reference and I wasn’t even trying!) the right front of my Camden Place Cardigan. Because the pattern is written directions from a magazine, there was no room for line by line instructions so you have to, you know, pay attention. Decreases for the neck and arm holes happen at the same time but at different row intervals, overlapping on the same row only once or twice, so this wasn’t the sort of thing I could pick up and put down over the course of a couple of nights, it needed to happen in one shot start to finish. So while my Green Bay Packers defeated the Arizona Cardinals rather comfortably, I knit me the right front of my sweater.
And while the Pittsburgh Steelers managed a come from behind win over the New York Giants (TEE HEEE… Sorry New Yorkers, but I have no love lost for your team. And the Steelers have been my favorite AFC team since the Broncos did the bad nasty back in ’98 and I can no longer love them. The Payton Manning thing doesn’t help, either…), I defeated the back of my sweater. Or at least part of it. The rest I finished watching Call The Midwife, Richard Hammond‘s Crash Course and something else I can’t remember but I don’t *think* was a BBC selection… But yes, we do watch a whole lot of BBC America and BBC via PBS rebroadcasts… Good stuff man! Anyhoo, as I was saying, I took down both the right front AND the back of the sweater yesterday. Even finished the shoulder seams! So tonight I think I’ll tackle the neck band while we clear the DVR of anything that might contain political adds, then it’s just sleeves and weaving in ends and my Order of the Phoenix mission will be complete! Photos on Wednesday, promise!
In other knitting news, The EBI has finally felt some love. I’ve completed 8 full rows and started on the 9th. Since one of the HPKCHC class prompts this month involves using scraps, I plan to turn in some of the blanket squares for points. The Cup requires 8 square inches of knitting for a modular project like this, one where you aren’t actually finishing something as a whole, and since my squares are 2″ square, I need to knit a total of 16 squares for my class turn in. I have 7 or 8 knit now and three weeks to finish the rest. Totally do-able. Then it will be on to some hat knitting to knock out both YOP projects AND course work on my quest toward the Order of the Silver Serpent First Class badge.
Yeah. I know I’m a geek. And I’m so OK with that…
So the list looks a bit like this:
Socks (1 pair per month is my goal)
- Deranged Dad Socks (f/k/a Argyles for Dad) (Orgy of Greed gift) Cast on 7/10/12, on hiatus as of 8/13/12
Celtic Beaded SocksCompleted 8/9/12
- Baldersquash (Smart Ass Knitter’s World Domination Club June 2012 pattern)
- Plain socks for dad (another Orgy of Greed gift) Cast on 9/10/12, sock #1 finished 10/20/12, sock #2 cast on 10/21/12
- Masonic Lodge (possibe OoG gift for Mr.Me)
- Helen Socks
- Hoot & A Half
Winding Road SocksCast on 8/16 Finished 9/9/12
- Camden Place Cardigan OTN as of 10/9/12. Ready to start the neck band then 2 sleeves to go! Yeah, totally knitting this out of order according to the directions but I want to make sure I know how much yarn I have left for the sleeves because I think I want to make them longer than the original pattern instructions…
- Emma’s Chemise
- Elphaba the sequel
Shawls, Scarves, etc
Irish Hiking ScarfCast on 7/28/12, Completed 7/31/12.
- Whipoorwhill– Cast on 9/15/12 Still in time out. Still not talking about it.
- Rockefeller– WestKnits Mystery Shawl KAL 2012. .
- Zuzu Petals for April (OoG)
Wingspan– Cast on 8/17/12 off 8/24/12 Boneyard– Cast on 7/21/12, off 8/15/12 Charlie Chevron Scarf– Cast on 9/12, Cast off 9/17 ClapotisCast on 7/8/12, off 7/25/12
- Dead Fish Hat– Joey (OoG)
- Dead Fish Hat Maddy (OoG)
Dead Fish Hat Audra (OoG)Cast on 8/14/12, Off 8/17 Dead Fish Hat Onna (OoG)Cast on 10/26/12, Finished 10/27/12 Irish Hiking Hatfor Scottie Cast on 7/31, Finished 8/1
- Turn A Square for Mr.Me (OoG)
- Winter Hiking Hat for James (OoG) (Pattern subject to change on a whim!)
Just To Prove My Insanity
- EBI About a full row’s progress since last week! FINALLY! Helps having new yarn to include in this I think
Tir Chonaillcast on 8/24, Finished 10/1/12 Ball SackCast on 7/12/12. Cast off 7/13/12 Tir Chonaill Trivet– Cast on 9/19, Cast off 9/20 Stocking Garters– Cast on 9/14, Finished 9/15
Harry Potter House Cup Projects
Skull & Crossbones Dish ClothCast on 10/1/12, Finished 10/1/12
- Granny Square Dish Cloth Cast on 10/8/12, Finished 10/8/12
- Teeny Tiny Snowmen Cast on 10/12/12, Finished 10/12/12
- Granny Square Dish Cloth #2
Progress To Date:
Projects on the original list: 34
Projects on the list now: 41