I think it would be accurate to call the last 7 days my week of hats. Hats hats hats. Turns out when in the midst of a huge project at work (the usual end of the year craziness wasn’t enough, this year I added in a computer upgrade along with it. I are not smart), hats are a great kit. Simple, largely mindless, the calming repetitive motion activity I crave without overtaxing my brain at the end of the day… Hats are good. I have knit four of them in about 7 days time. Two were patterns queued up on my list, 2 were extras. Three of the four will be boxed up and sent to Afghanistan at some point this week. In the middle of the hat-a-thon I even managed to mostly create my own pattern. Hopefully this week will be calmer and I will be able to post some photos in a later post.
Progress continues on Jagged Edge and the Masonic Lodge socks. Nothing major to report, but progress is progress, right? Got lots of Christmas wrapping done this weekend as well, so all in all I’d say my holiday preparations are well in hand. Really it’s about the best any can ask for right now, right?
With that, the list
Socks (1 pair per month is my goal)
- Deranged Dad Socks (f/k/a Argyles for Dad) (Orgy of Greed gift) Cast on 7/10/12, on hiatus as of 8/13/12
Celtic Beaded SocksCompleted 8/9/12
- Baldersquash (Smart Ass Knitter’s World Domination Club June 2012 pattern)
Plain socks for dad(another Orgy of Greed gift) Cast on 9/10/12, Finished 11/18/12 FINALLY
- Masonic Lodge Cast on 11/18/12, started on the leg of the first sock but not much progress thanks to a crazy week at work and not much lunch-knitting time!
- Helen Socks
- Hoot & A Half
Winding Road SocksCast on 8/16 Finished 9/9/12
Camden Place CardiganStarted 10/9/12, Finished 11/11/12
- Ink (Formerly Emma’s Chemise)
- Elphaba the sequel
Shawls, Scarves, etc
Irish Hiking ScarfCast on 7/28/12, Completed 7/31/12. Whipoorwhill– Cast on 9/15/12 Finished 11/20/12
- Jagged Edge (Replaces Rockefeller)- Cast on 11/23/12, I stalled out a bit on this one during the week of hats but it’s coming along.
Ruffle Scarf for April (OoG)Cast on 11/17/12, Finished 11/18/12 Wingspan– Cast on 8/17/12 off 8/24/12 Boneyard– Cast on 7/21/12, off 8/15/12 Charlie Chevron Scarf– Cast on 9/12, Cast off 9/17 ClapotisCast on 7/8/12, off 7/25/12 Ruffle Scarf for JanesaCast on & Finished 11/18/12
Dead Fish Hat– Joey (OoG) Cast on 12/4/12, Finished 12/7.12
- Dead Fish Hat Maddy (OoG)
Dead Fish Hat Audra (OoG)Cast on 8/14/12, Off 8/17 Dead Fish Hat Onna (OoG)Cast on 10/26/12, Finished 10/27/12 Irish Hiking Hatfor Scottie Cast on 7/31, Finished 8/1 Turn A Squarefor Mr.Me (OoG) Cast on 11/12/12, Finished 11/13/12 Turn A Squarefor James (OoG) cast AND finished on 11/11/12 Space Princess Hatfor Zig Cast on 11/15/12 Finished 11/17/12
Just To Prove My Insanity
- EBI Progress is slow but steady. 17 Squares were added for turn in to History of Magic this week which, added to a few knit before the start of November, makes for a full row plus ?. Still going to be a many years project!
Tir Chonaillcast on 8/24, Finished 10/1/12 Ball SackCast on 7/12/12. Cast off 7/13/12 Tir Chonaill Trivet– Cast on 9/19, Cast off 9/20 Stocking Garters– Cast on 9/14, Finished 9/15 Nerwin/Batmeanie Caston 11/24/12, Finished 11/26/12 Modified Turn a SquareCast on 12/1/12 Finished 12/2/12 Cabled Square Hat Caston 12/2/12, Finished 12/3/12
Harry Potter House Cup Projects
Skull & Crossbones Dish ClothCast on 10/1/12, Finished 10/1/12 Granny Square Dish ClothCast on 10/8/12, Finished 10/8/12 Teeny Tiny SnowmenCast on 10/12/12, Finished 10/12/12 Winter Hiking HatCast on 11/29, Finished 11/30
Progress To Date:
Projects on the original list: 34
Projects on the list now: 46