Once again the progress report is slow but steady. I think what’s happening here is the annual funk I get in around the beginning of March combined with cabin fever and the rush to finish all.the.things at work. It will pass. And until it does I keep plotting ways to escape. We have been talking about a long weekend in Vegas but the price seems to have increased significantly in 2 days time. So that has me looking to other locations… Florida? Nassau Bahamas? Mexico? I dunno, but it’s definitely cabin fever. I’ll report in later if we pick something or just wait it out like usual.
In the mean time, knitting progress is slow but steady. I finished my Bella’s Mittens this weekend and have made some nice progress on my Merlia scarf. Also finished another skein of yarn. I think that’s been my favorite thing lately spinning I mean, because I can definitely see some huge improvement in my abilities. Now I’m at the point where I’m starting to spin with projects in mind as opposed to spinning just for spinning’s sake. There is definitely a whole new level of satisfaction involved in finishing a project that’s mine from start to finish! I expect my next year of projects will involved a lot more knitting out of my own yarn…
So, now for the official progress report:
Socks (1 pair per month is my goal)
- Deranged Dad Socks (f/k/a Argyles for Dad) Cast on 7/10/12, on hiatus as of 8/13/12
Celtic Beaded SocksCompleted 8/9/12
- Baldersquash (Smart Ass Knitter’s World Domination Club June 2012 pattern)
Plain socks for dad(another Orgy of Greed gift) Cast on 9/10/12, Finished 11/18/12 Masonic LodgeCast on 11/18/12, finished 12/27/12.
- Jaywalker (still lovely but in danger of being replaced)
- Helen Socks Cast on 12/29/12, Moving along nicely on sock #2
- Hoot & A Half Still haven’t decided if this one’s staying put or going to make way for a different pattern
LenoreCast on 12/29 , finished 2/11/12 Winding Road SocksCast on 8/16 Finished 9/9/12
- Terpander Cast on 12/29/12
StakedCast on 12/30/12 Finished 2/1/13.
Camden Place CardiganStarted 10/9/12, Finished 11/11/12
- Ink (Formerly Emma’s Chemise)
- Elphaba the sequel
Shawls, Scarves, etc
Irish Hiking ScarfCast on 7/28/12, Completed 7/31/12. Whipoorwhill– Cast on 9/15/12 Finished 11/20/12 Jagged Edge– Cast on 11/23/12, Finished 1/4/13
- Shawl Test-Knit for one of my Harry Potter House Cup friends. To be cast on at the beginning of March (Formerly Pogona)
Ruffle Scarf for April (OoG)Cast on 11/17/12, Finished 11/18/12 Wingspan– Cast on 8/17/12 off 8/24/12 Boneyard– Cast on 7/21/12, off 8/15/12 Charlie Chevron Scarf– Cast on 9/12, Cast off 9/17 ClapotisCast on 7/8/12, off 7/25/12 Ruffle Scarf for JanesaCast on & Finished 11/18/12
Dead Fish Hat– Joey (OoG) Cast on 12/4/12, Finished 12/7/12 Dead Fish HatMaddy (OoG) Cast on 1/5/13, Finished 1/6/13 Dead Fish Hat Audra (OoG)Cast on 8/14/12, Off 8/17 Dead Fish Hat Onna (OoG)Cast on 10/26/12, Finished 10/27/12 Irish Hiking Hatfor Scottie Cast on 7/31, Finished 8/1 Turn A Squarefor Mr.Me (OoG) Cast on 11/12/12, Finished 11/13/12 Turn A Squarefor James (OoG) cast AND finished on 11/11/12 Space Princess Hatfor Zig Cast on 11/15/12 Finished 11/17/12 Scatness TamCast on 1/18/13, Finished 1/26/13.
Just To Prove My Insanity
- EBI No progress to report
Tir Chonaillcast on 8/24, Finished 10/1/12 Ball SackCast on 7/12/12. Cast off 7/13/12 Tir Chonaill Trivet– Cast on 9/19, Cast off 9/20 Stocking Garters– Cast on 9/14, Finished 9/15 Nerwin/BatmeanieCast on 11/24/12, Finished 11/26/12 Modified Turn a SquareCast on 12/1/12 Finished 12/2/12 Cabled Square HatCast on 12/2/12, Finished 12/3/12 Slytherin House Colors HatCast on 1/12/13, Finished 1/17/13
Harry Potter House Cup Projects
Skull & Crossbones Dish ClothCast on 10/1/12, Finished 10/1/12 Granny Square Dish ClothCast on 10/8/12, Finished 10/8/12 Teeny Tiny SnowmenCast on 10/12/12, Finished 10/12/12 Winter Hiking HatCast on 11/29, Finished 11/30 Shark MittensCast on 1/4/13, Finished 1/5/13 Come TogetherCast on 1/11/13, Finished 1/12/13 Wrought Iron Mitts– Cast on 1/23/13, Finished 1/27/13
- Merlia Scarf Cast on 1/27/13 I’m on repeat #4 or maybe 5. Coming along nicely and I FINALLY finished the first skein of yarn!
- Ahoy Princess Beret The other part of my Broom- This may end up coming off the list depending on how much I accomplish on the scarf. It was added to up the yardage for the HPKCHC BROOM project but I an not sure I’ll finish the scarf at all let alone get the yardage I need os the hat that was added just to up the yardage may come off in the end.
Wrought Iron Mitts the redeux(the red ones) cast on 2/1/13, Finished 2/3/13. Bella’s MittensCasting on 2/17/13, Finished 2/23/13 Cabled Slouch Hat,Cast on 2/9/13, Finished 2/10/13. Love this one, too! It was knit using one of my first useable skeins
- Baby hat
- Baby hat
Cabled HeadbandCast on 2/8/13, Finished 2/9/13. This was ultimately a test knit for the alterations I’m going to make on the pattern for my Bella’s Mittens.
Progress To Date:
Projects on the original list: 34
Projects on the list now: 59