Time to plot, plan and scheme!
Carry Overs from Year 1(2)
- Movie Socks- Cast on in 2013
- Elphaba the Sequel
- Semele– Cast on 5/27/13, nearly to the half way point
- Epic Blanket of Insanity
New and Exciting
- Derecho– Cast on 7/1/13, ROAD TRIP knitting
- Sock Monkey for A
- Sock Monkey for O
- Circle Line for G
- Circle Line for S
- Deep Blue Sea for Orville
- Deep Blue Sea for Jennnnnnnnifer
- Ursula Cardigan– I’ve been spinning the yarn for this for 6 months. Hoping to work on it this fall
- Peerie Flooers Hat
- Peerie Floores Mittens
- Stella Luna
So, if you’ve read my blog at all in the last year, you KNOW this list is a mere teaser of what is to come. Participation in the Harry Potter Knit & Crochet House Cup on Ravelry has lead me to the conclusion that I will add more to the list than I start with simply to fit things into class prompts. And since I don’t know what the prompts will be until the start of each month, I can’t say what I am going to knit. Sometimes I can work projects I’ve already planned in, sometimes I add them to the list. So I am approaching this one with a free and easy attitude.
Instead of focusing on a project specific list, I’ve decided a more goal-oriented list is in order. So I have a couple of goals this year that I’ll report on as things progress:
- Use my own yarn more! I’ve amassed a pretty good stash of hand spun, it’s time to use it in my projects! Ursula will definitely be knit with my yarn, others to come.
- Improve my skill-set with spinning. I’d like to take a class or 2 and work beyond the basic short draw worsted style I’ve learned so far. And I’d like to use those skills to learn to create the yarn I want to knit a project with vs figuring out a project based on the yarn I’ve ended up with. Peerie Flooers Mittens and hat will happen from yarn I will spin with purpose.
- Same deal as the spinning, improve my dyeing skills- Take notes, measure things, basically figure out out how to repeat colors if something turns out really cool! The House cup should help here as classes often involve a dyeing element so I shall use this to my advantage (I hope).
- Design something. I keep finding myself mid-project wanting to tweak a little here, change a little there, make it my own. I would like to go a step farther and actually come up with my own pattern and maybe get brave enough to self-publish it.
So I think for week one we’ll call this good. The list is definitely going to be a living document, changing with the season, the class prompts, this knitter’s mood, but I think it’s a solid set of goals for the moment.