I won’t lie. The last week(s) has kicked my butt pretty hard so there’s not a lot of exciting things I am inclined to report on today. Mostly just glad to have gotten out on this side of the daisies I think! So a short and sweet year of projects update is in order. Will try to blog more good stuff later in the week!
Carry Overs from my first YoP:
Movie Socks– Cast on in 2013, Frogged 8/11/13 I did not like them, Sam I am. The yarn just wasn’t great to knit with and if I’m honest, the fit wasn’t so great, either. So this particular skein of Regia is either going to be RAKed or head to the blanket box.
- Elphaba the Sequel
- Semele– Cast on 5/27/13, it’s gotten some love this week but not enough to get much closer to the finish line
- Epic Blanket of Insanity I’ve added a square! And after I finish plying some yarn, I might add another. Or more!
New and Exciting
- Derecho– Cast on 7/1/13, I made it through a few more rows on this one but still in section 5. It’s still napping
- Sock Monkey for A- subject to change to another Parlor Cat
- Sock Monkey for O
- Circle Line for G
- Circle Line for S
- Deep Blue Sea for Orville– Oh dear. I best hope he doesn’t move soon because his last day’s Friday and, well, I still haven’t started them.
- Deep Blue Sea for Jennnnnnnnifer
- Ursula Cardigan– One more skein on the wheel to be plied, gauge swatch(es) knit. I think I’m ready to go as soon as I get approval from my OWL professor. You know, when the new term starts.
Peerie Flooers HatCast on 7/28/13, Finished 8/4/13 T Peerie Floores Mittens– Cast on 8/6/13, Finished 8/17
- Stella Luna
Bring Out Your Dead (WIPs)
Deranged Dad Socks.Started August 2012, Frogged 8/11/13, Lets talk about Intartia. It’s… interesting. Not something I really love. I think it would have been better on a flat project, but sometimes I learn things the hard way. I really didn’t love working on this one and when I looked at them again this weekend during a stash room clean up project, I honestly didn’t love the look of them, either, so I frogged it. Here’s a tip if you’ve never frogged intartia- don’t. It probably wasn’t worth the effort. It’s as much of a pain in the ass to unknit as it is to knit. But I did it. I think I’ll make a pair of stripy socks with all the little bits I now have wound on bobbins. But not now.
aster Egg On Acid Socks– Found the first sock, never started the 2nd, don’t remember the pattern and don’t care to find out cuz it really isn’t such a great one. The balance of the yarn has made it into the blanket box and the sock that was finished, well, I think I’ll wear it around with other random socks that lost their mates. While not technically frogged, I’m considering it off the list.
- Fishnet Socks- Yep. Definitely right on the initial assessment of more of a pain in the ass than they’re worth. But I keep plugging away. Pretty sure this one’s destine for a fraternal twin instead of an identical
Knitting Basket Socks #1– FROGGED 8/11/13. Knit this onto circulars so hubby could try them on, didn’t fit him. Fit me great but was 2 inches too long in the foot so frogged it. Ahhhhh.
- Knitting Basket Socks #2- Still need to assess this one and decide if it’s salvageable or not. I know I’ve dropped and picked up a lot of stitches in the years it’s been in the basket so the jury’s still out on this one.
Clog Socks– Frogged Car Socks– Frogged 8/11/13 Another pair with yarn I didn’t love. Which is dumb because I knew I didn’t love it when I started knitting it. Love the softness and the color transitions of Mini Mochi, don’t love it as a sock yarn so this one bit the dust, too Merlia Scarf– Cast on January 2013, Finished 8/17/13. I can’t believe it went into a long time out with less than a full repeat of the 2nd chart and a quick knock out of the third! But it’s awesome! Shawl Test Knit– Frogged 8/11/13. Just wasn’t feeling this one so I’ve reclaimed the yarn and will come up with a different 2 colored shawl for it. Lambton–Frogged 8/6/13This one wasn’t technically a WIP. It’s a sweater I knit last year that just didn’t work out. The pattern is still lovely to look at but it just isn’t lovely to wear. Not even a little. I think I knew when I first finished it that eventually I was going to frog it as I didn’t even bother weaving in most of the ends. But I love the yarn and I just couldn’t let it go to waste so I’ve reclaimed all 1200 yards of it for another project at some point.
At some point I hope to move the WIPs list to the bottom because they’re DONE. But for now I think I’ll leave ’em right there
Except for Quidditch. Cuz QUIDDITCH! BUT I will stick to the 1-2 night project goal. Or knit squares for my EBI because that project needs to feel some love, too, gosh darn it! And won’t I skip with the weight of all these WIPS off my shoulders!
Original list: 18 projects
Full Disclosure List: 30 Projects