Keeping up with the blog thing I mean. So it being Sunday and Sunday being Year of Projects Update day, well, it seemed a logical place to go!
Despite the ticker over there saying’ I’ve knit and spun nothing this year, the truth is I’ve knit and spun a fair bit. I’m not sure I can remember what all it is I’ve knit and spun but it’s been happening. I knocked out the Advent Calendar scarf and a Color Affection for my NEWT in the Winter Term of the House Cup. It was my first crack at a NEWT (as opposed to the OWLs I’ve done in each of my first 4 terms) and as such had to be larger and more exhausting so I knit two shawls totaling 1880 yards and dyed and spun a similar quantity of yarn to replace the stash I used up in the 2 shawls.
Then there’s the addition of the Custom Fit sweater I showed off last week. I liked it so much that I pulled out the yarn I’ve had in stash for Insoucient for a couple of years and cast on another. So I’m about to call it that sweater even though I’m not knitting that pattern. I’m using the yarn for it so that totally counts, right? And since it’s me, you knew there’d be something added to the list right? It’s not completely my fault though. It’s the Chirstmas gifts that weren’t. My MIL requested a replacement for a favorite sweater and FIL asked for a hat. Hoping to combine a few of the Christmas promises into my Spring Term OWL. I think I’m aiming to knock out Divination this term with 4 things needed for a proper tea-leaf reading. The shawl for Niece the Younger, the Socks for Niece the Elder, perhaps the hat for FIL and in order to tie it into the tea leaves, another Sheep Carousel tea cozy seem to be in order. So I think that means I’m adding a tea cozy to this year’s list, too, but why not. If all else fails it’s an excuse to buy myself a tea pot and that seems like a win to me! So anyway, how about a months delayed update to the list:
Carry Overs from my first YoP:
Movie Socks– Cast on in 2013, Frogged 8/11/13
- Elphaba the Sequel
- Insoucient– Not quite Insoucient but Custom Fit 2.0 in the yarn I bought for Insoucinet so we’re going with it, m’kay? Cast on round about 4/15/14.
Semele– Cast on 5/27/13, Finished 8/1/13.
- Epic Blanket of Insanity back to lingering quietly in the corner but I got some great new sock yarn bits in a swap package and have plans for future growth.
New and Exciting
- Derecho– Cast on 7/1/13, Every so often it grows a bit. I suspect more growth may occur as the winter drags on and I need bright in my life
Sock Monkeyfor O- Cast on 9/3/13, Finished 10/18/2013. Took far longer than expected but he’s DONE
- Parlor Cat for A Didn’t so much get to making this for Christmas. or her birthday in April. Something tells me it’s dead in the water
Circle Line for GTurns out this probably isn’t going to happen. And I’m OK with that Circle Line for SSee #4
- Deep Blue Sea for Orville– Oh dear. I best hope he doesn’t move soon because his last day’s Friday and, well, I still haven’t started them.
- Deep Blue Sea for Jennnnnnnnifer (These could be looking sketchy, too. The more she bugs me, the less I want to knit them. I am bad. I know)
Ursula Cardigan–Cast on 9/4/13 FINISHED 11/27/13!!! This would be the octopus sweater of much frustration but thank God for Shetland yarn that held up through multiple attempts! I spun it, dyed it, knit it, steeked it and SURVIVED IT! Peerie Flooers HatCast on 7/28/13, Finished 8/4/13 Peerie Floores Mittens– Cast on 8/6/13, Finished 8/17
- Stella Luna
LoniceraCast on somewhere around 12/4.13 and finished 12/25. Not sure it’s my color but it’ll make a great Christmas gift for someone in 2014!
Bring Out Your Dead (WIPs)
Deranged Dad Socks.Started August 2012, Frogged 8/11/13,
aster Egg On Acid Socks-DOA as of August, 2013.
- Fishnet Socks- back in time out I guess.
Knitting Basket Socks #1– FROGGED 8/11/13. Clog Socks– Frogged Car Socks– Frogged 8/11/13 Merlia Scarf– Cast on January 2013, Finished 8/17/13. Shawl Test Knit– Frogged 8/11/13. Lambton–Frogged 8/6/13
You knew the list would grow. Heck, I knew the list would grow. I’m trying to take the starts a little slower, work on the long-term projects, don’t start other things I can’t finish in a night or two. So far so good.
Enterlac Ball-Cast on & Finished 9/1/13
- Dish Cloth Extravaganza- 2 done, more to come
Pumpkin Hat #1– Cast on 10/5/13, Finished 10/6/13 Pumpkin Hat #2–Cast on 10/8/13, Finished 10/9/13 Packer Mitts-Cast on 10/22/13, Finished 11/2/13 Sheep Carousel Cozy– Cast on 11/10/13, Finished 11/15/13 Game Day Cowl– Cast on 11/3/13 Finished around 12/4 Saw tooth edge, garter stitch from there, not fancy but soft, warm and should keep me cozy at Packer Games this winter! Just as soon as I finish weving in the ends. And, you know, Packer season starts up again. 2010 Advent Calendar Scarf– Cast on 12/1- Finished 1/24/14 Color Affection– Cast on 1/25/14, Finished 3/13/14 Custom Fit SweaterCast on 3/15/14, Finished 4/6/14.
- Vanilla Rib socks- Cast on 1/5/13 Sock #1 is done, sock #2 is nearly to the gusset. It’s my lunch-time knitting project and keeping me vaguely sane. I am hoping to finish it just in time for flip flop season!
- Socks- cuz this is what happens when you can’t think of anything to knit so you give yarn and choices.
- Wedding Shawl for Niece the Younger See #12 I’m leaning toward Sweet Dreams from Boo Knits. A sample that grew way beyond expectation has been knit but I think instead of Essential Fiber’s Essential Shawl I think I’m going to use Essential Lace. Need to swatch that soon.
- Hat for Dad- Probably a straight forward Watch Cap cuz it’s an old reliable
- Scottie’s Sweater- See #12. Luckily on bringing home the original I can breath a bit of a sigh of relief in that it’s a pretty straight forward stockinette worsted weight zero shaping, knit in the round, steek, add a zipper call it good sweater. Except I AIN’T knittin’ it in acrylic. Cascade 22o Superwash seems a much less stabby option!
Original list: 18 projects
Full Disclosure List: 30 Projects
Current list: 42
Frogged/Eliminated : 10